Completed work – MG Nu ver Ka

I managed to post my submission to the GBWC before the deadline, so I’m pretty happy.

As for the build itself, I have mixed feelings about it. The build and first paint jobs were very cool and I liked how the colors turned out, but when I got to hand-painting, top-coating and water-decaling, boy was that a roller coaster of emotions. I still can’t get over how awful the decals look when zooming in on the pictures. Fortunatly for me it looks good from a proper view distance, in my display case. Too bad the competition is judged from pictures 🙂

Anyway, here are the pictures I submitted to the competition, and then some. I hope you guys like it.

 

06_front

06_side

06_back

06_close_up

I noticed after sending out the pics that I forgot to open the chest armor panel to show the gold psychoframe underneath. Welp.

 

So, what did we learn ?

  • Don’t trust shitty third-party water decals.
  • I shouldn’t hand-paint on medium-sized surfaces but limit it to really small details.
  • Cleaning out enamel paint with the appropriate thinner doesn’t work well with metallic paints as some flakes don’t go away with the pigments.
  • I need to learn how to clear-coat properly, it’s still too much hit or miss.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s