WIP – Forest battle – 1

Forest battle is a placeholder title, for a lack of a better name. Chances are good I’ll never go back and change it, though…

France’s GBWC results are in and, unfortunatly, I didn’t make it to the top 3. All the more reason to work even harder for the next one !

I’ve snap-fitted the Dantalion and, while it’s obviously not as rewarding as building, say, the MG Nu ver Ka, it was a pretty quick and fun build. I really like how lean it looks, I’m convinced that’s the best kit I could have chosen for the “ninja” part of this build.

completed_dantalion

Continue reading

Advertisements

State of the Union 10/2017

A whole month without updates, quick, think of something !

Apparently the deadline for participating in the GBWC for my country is at the end of the month, so the results won’t be in before a while.

EDIT : Novembre 17th, it’s official.

I’m currently between projects, as it stands. I started working on a Dragon Momoko Strike Freedom (the “Metal Build” one) but kinda abandoned it after the snapfitting. It turned out to be one of my most frustrating modeling experience, even worse than my first post on this blog : the Regulation Center Gerbera Tetra ! I’m beginning to suspect I have a faulty one because I didn’t see anyone else online complaining so much about the quality.

As for mine, the fits are just awful. I sanded and sanded, and used drill bits to enlarge holes, the fits are still way too tight. Take a look :

bad_fits

Continue reading

Completed work : Jesta Scorpius Kai

Here it is folks, after 6 months of on-and-off work, my GBWC entry. I have mixed feelings about it. There are some parts that I definitely could have done better, but on the other hand it’s without any doubts my finest piece so far.

Here are the pics I sent when I made my entry. I would have preferred to participate physically but I’m not exactly sure when and where it will be held. It’s the first year for my country and I didn’t quite get the finer details.

05_Face

Continue reading

WIP – MG Jesta – 11

So I’m just about putting the finishing touches on that project. The only things I have left in my to-do list are some red accent on the shoulders vents, chrome / aluminium on the knees, maybe work on that acrylic base and, last but not least, those damn shoulder radiators.

Now for the red accent, I’ve tried masking several times but couldn’t get anything satisfactory, so I settled for some good old freehand paintbrush action. Kinda scary, actually…

04_red_shoulder_accent

 

It turned out pretty well, in the end ! With hindsight I should have paintbrushed the pipe too, but it’s glued and I’m not sure what color would fit well here.

Continue reading

WIP – MG Jesta – 10

Now that my parts are ready for the all-new all-different Gatlings, I need to disassemble the kit a bit to repaint some parts I messed up. There are three on the top of my head : the elbows (I messed up the chrome), the knees (same problem) and the shoulders (I really want to add some red lining to the side vents).

Now, I don’t know if you guys have already tried, but taking apart a painted kit is a nightmare. I don’t know, maybe I’m not spraying enough clear coat when I’m done painting, but my kits scratch very easily. I’m not really keen on having to repaint a part (primer – (base) – main color – clear – decal – clear) so I’ll be reaaaaaally careful. I still managed to scratch a part, mind you, but it was easily fixed.

Anyway, here’s the new look of the elbows :

03_elbow

 

I ditched the Alclad chrome for some Tamiya flat aluminium. Dunno why, I felt it would work better here. I don’t know if it’s “better” but it’s definitely “good enough” for me !

Continue reading

WIP – MG Jesta – 09

So the 1/144 IBO Rocket Launcher doesn’t look too good on a souped-up 1/100 Jesta, I’m not that surprised, actually. After giving it some thought, I settled for a nice alternative that makes sense in the overall build : I’m giving my gun-totting Mobile Suit a melee weapon, namely a combat knife. Since I have one lying around in my spare parts box, I’ll be using an Astray Blue Frame Armor Schneider. The spare one I got with my Astray Red Frame, in fact.

02_combat_knife

Nice details. There will be some masking involved, but I should be able to squeeze 2-3 colors on that knife. At the very least dark iron as the main color, chrome for the blade and light grey for the handle. Maybe some accent red on the three thingies at the back of the blade if I feel confident enough.

Continue reading